Central Illinois is home to a number of haunted houses that are sure to get your heart racing this Halloween season. Two of the most popular haunted houses in the area are Nightmare on Fox Hill in Monticello and Blood Moon Manor in Forest City.
Nightmare on Fox Hill
Nightmare on Fox Hill is a haunted house that is located in an abandoned mansion. The attraction is known for its realistic scares and its immersive atmosphere. Visitors to Nightmare on Fox Hill will have to navigate their way through the dark and winding hallways of the mansion, while avoiding the ghosts, ghouls, and other creatures that lurk within.
Nightmare on Fox Hill is a great option for thrill-seekers of all ages.
Blood Moon Manor
Blood Moon Manor is another popular haunted house in Central Illinois. The attraction is known for its old-school scares and its terrifying atmosphere. Visitors to Blood Moon Manor will have to navigate their way through the abandoned manor and its surrounding woods, while avoiding the monsters and other terrors that lurk within.
Blood Moon Manor is a great option for thrill-seekers who are looking for a truly terrifying Halloween experience.
Both Haunted Houses are easy drives from Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal
If you’re looking for a fun and scary way to celebrate Halloween, be sure to check out Nightmare on Fox Hill and Blood Moon Manor. Both haunted houses offer a unique and thrilling experience that is sure to get your heart racing.
Here are some additional tips for visiting a haunted house:
- Go with friends. It’s always more fun to experience a haunted house with friends.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure to wear shoes that are comfortable and supportive.
- Don’t be afraid to scream. Let out all your pent-up stress and fear as you scream your way through the haunted house.
- Take breaks if you need to. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t be afraid to take a break. There are usually plenty of places to sit and rest throughout the attraction.
- Have fun! Haunted houses are supposed to be scary, but they should also be fun. So relax, enjoy yourself, and let the scares consume you.